Ye Complete Cthulhu Mythos Tales
W. H. Pugmire, Esq.
2016-04-07 16:36:25 UTC
Barnes & Noble will release THE COMPLETE CTHULHU MYTHOS TALES in their leather-bound Collectible Editions series at ye end of this month. Edited, and with a new Introduction by S. T. Joshi, the book will be another gorgeous edition with illustrations by John Coulhart. Writes ye artist: "Anyone who's held one of these volumes will know that they deserve to be called tomes rather than mere books; they're heavy and lavishly produced, with detailed designs embossed on the front and back boards in a variety of metallic ink." And: "The book will be out at the end of the month, and among the extra features there's...my drawing of R'lyeh on the endpapers, and...a poster reproduction of my CTHULHU RISING picture".
CONTENTS
Introduction by S. T. Joshi
Dagon
Nyarlathotep
The Nameless City
Azathoth
The Hound
The Festival
The Call of Cthulhu
The Colour out of Space
History of the NECRONOMICON
The Curse of Yig
The Dunwich Horror
The Whisperer in Darkness
The Mound
At the Mountains of Madness
The Shadow over Innsmouth
The Dreams in the Witch House
The Man of Stone
The Horror in the Museum
The Thing on the Doorstep
Out of the Aeons
The Tree on the Hill
The Shadow out of Time
The Haunter of the Dark
bruce turlish
Mr. P., I didn't know you were an artist too--are your illustrations available for viewing on the web somewhere?
W. H. Pugmire, Esq.
I have no talent for illustrations and do not draw at all. Ye book's art is by John Coulthart, ye magnificent British artist who was born on H. P. Lovecraft's death-day--15 March 1962.
bruce turlish
2016-04-09 23:41:11 UTC
Pugmire posted:
"...and do not draw at all..."

Yet the original posting seemed to say otherwise. What of the endpaper drawing of R'lyeh? Apparently, the publisher thought it was good enough to put on the book's endpaper. Let's face it, Mr. P., when you are Lovecraftian, your passion for HPL causes you to sprout tentacles of creativity every which way. Just kidding.
Magister
2016-04-10 16:20:10 UTC
I can't see how it did. It says "with illustrations by John Coulthart" and goes on to quote "ye artist", which can be no other than aforementioned John Coulthart.
bruce turlish
2016-04-10 19:50:33 UTC
Pugmire posted:
"I can't see how it did..."

I think I skimmed your posting too quickly, and got the impression that you had drawn a couple of the illustrations. Nevertheless, with the passion for HPL that you have, you probably could concoct something that reeked of Lovecraftian weirdness!
W. H. Pugmire, Esq.
2016-06-01 20:19:32 UTC
Post by W. H. Pugmire, Esq.
[...]
The book is now available at Amazon, where I have also supply'd a wee review. It's strange, how captivating I find the outward appearance of this book. As it sits beside me on my writing table, my eyes keep wanting to slide to peek at it so that my soul may once again marvel at its exquisite beauty, its design & illustrations. I love this book, and I think it wou'd be a fine edition of Lovecraft to give to any friend who has never read him.